10 Early Signs of Alzheimer's and Dementia
10 Early Signs of Alzheimer’s and Dementia
According to the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota, worldwide, 55 million people are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Alzheimer's disease is a type of dementia that affects memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms eventually grow severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. Whereas dementia is a general term for loss of memory and other thinking abilities severe enough to interfere with daily life.
Here are the 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Dementia:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenging in planning and solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks
- Confusion with time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and special relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality
Catholic Eldercare is proud to serve people with Alzheimer’s and dementia, with dignity and loving kindness. If someone you love needs memory care, we can help. RiverVillage East is licensed as an assisted living with dementia care. The 3rd floor of our Care Center is dedicated to memory care, and people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias are welcomed within our Adult Day Program. Click here to learn more about these programs.
The Minnesota-North Dakota Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association provides no-charge support, education programs, support groups, training, and other resources for people in Minnesota and North Dakota impacted by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
For information and support, reach out to the Alzheimer’s Association of Minnesota-North Dakota.